Thursday 3 February 2011

New - Les Ramoneurs de menhirs 'If the kids are united'

Came across this cover of the old Sham 69 song by Breton punk band Les Ramoneurs de menhirs. Think it sounds pretty great, although I suspect Jimmy Pursey did not write the song with the Breton bombarde in mind.

I heard the original again recently on a local Rock Radio station, hadn't heard it in years, and it certainly put a smile on my face.

This track is from the Amzer an dispac'h album, their second, which was released in 2010.

the album also includes a cover of La Blanche Hermine which includes a vocal contribution by Gilles Servat, the original writer of the song who released it in 1970.

I see from the source of all wisdom that is Wikipedia that they toured Scotland in 2008 with Oi Polloi, would have been great to see the Ramoneurs but I totally missed it. Hope they come back some time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment