Friday 16 March 2012

Vive le Roq: Second Birthday!


Today marks the second anniversary of the Vive le Roq blog, and while it seems like a while since I picked up digital pen and paper, it's been a busy time.

A brief article about Jean Ferrat following his death marked the beginning of the blog. True, I'd though about it for a while, and originally thought about launching it on June 21 to mark the fete de la musique but I thought I'd waited long enough and started the ball rolling.

At first I thought it would be a challenge to fill a blog every day with my ponderings and musings, and for the first year that was pretty much the case. Finding time, finding inspiration (!) amidst the day to day goings on of family and professional life seemed a challenge, but before too long I found my stride and things have been getting along just about fine.

The number of visitors has progressively grown, with last month being our busiest month so far. I've managed to keep up a pretty decent average number of posts, with a record of 27 posts in June last year. When you consider that in 2010 I managed a total of 24 for the entire year, that gives you some idea about how far we've come.

I've heard some great music and I've enjoyed sharing it. Hope you enjoy it.

If anything there's more that I could write about if I could find the time.

I've been almost overwhelmed by the sheer amount of quality French music that's coming out, never mind looking back at some of the key earlier releases.

One thing I have learned is that stories reflecting on the blog itself do not get as much traffic as the ones that celebrate music, which is probably exactly as it should be.

Thanks for dropping by and be sure to come back again regularly

Merci et à bientôt

jk

No comments:

Post a Comment