Tuesday 28 August 2012

Alex Ferrari: Bara Bará Bere Berê


Most days listening to what's going in in the French music scene is an absolute joy.

There's a huge number of artists I've come across, whether old or new, whose work has impresssed me deeply. many of these I listened to for the first time as a consequence of putting together this blog.

Of course, this isn't always the case.

This is one such tune, and associated video. Alex Ferrari, the current number one in the French charts with Bara Bará Bere Berê.

There are those who hold French music in low esteem. They'll point to the likes of Renée la Taupe, forgetting the musical careers of Bob the Builder, Crazy Frog and Mr Blobby.

I'll always fight the corner defending French music. But sometimes I can't, however hard I try.

If you thought a singer with a name like Alex Ferrari would deliver some Eurotrash summer dance tune, you won't be disappointed. Maybe Brazil is the new home for cheesy summer Europop.

In its favour I suppose is that at least it's not Carly Rae Jepsen, who has been at number one for long enough.





:


No comments:

Post a Comment