Tuesday 1 July 2014

Editorial: July 2014

Another month passes, with a great number of visitors to the site and a good number of stories.

I'm always happy when I have a month that sees as many posts as I managed in the forst year of this blog. Of course, I'm happier when there are even more.

We're well into summer festival season, with events like Glastonbury, Solidays and Hellfest last month, and more ahead in coming weeks.

It's easy to criticise festivals as large corporate events, but they do a fantastic job introducing audiences to acts they might not have been previously familiar with, and the communal celebration of music  reinforces the value of this art form that we love.

Thanks to the Institut français du Royaume-Uni for a mention in their latest programme.  I'm proud to be associated with them.

July sees me taking a couple of weeks away, so I'll be working on a few pre-written articles to keep things ticking over nicely.

As always, I can be contacted on johnkilbrideAThotmailDOTcom, with the appropriate punctuation where you'd expect it to be.

We're also on Twitter as @viveleroq or you can find me at @karnag

Thanks again to the French Music Office in London and to the Institut francais in London for their help and encouragement  and also to the various record companies and promoters who have been in touch with suggestions for inclusion on the site. Always a pleasure to hear from you.

Merci et à bientôt

John K

No comments:

Post a Comment