Monday 5 January 2015

Editorial: January 2015

A happy new year from Vive le Roq, and after what has been an eventful 2014 we're looking ahead to
a busy 2015.

The last few months have seem more posts than ever on the site, a trend that looks set to continue. Given that the first year that the blog ran saw the grand total of 28 posts, we now regularly post more than that every month.

True, a quiet few days at the end of last year and at the start of this year, but off we go.

This month as well as looking at the usual goings on the world of French music, I'll be taking a  look at some of the emerging talent that I've come across recently. Some I've mentioned already in my reviews of the Transmusicales and the Bars en Trans events in Rennes,  but there are many more well deserving of a mention on this site that I hope to namecheck in forthcoming weeks.

Events this month include the UK release of the Do's album. This month also sees the Celtic Connections event in Glasgow, with some traditional Breton acts as well as acts from francophone Canada and further afield.

As always, I can be contacted on johnkilbrideAThotmailDOTcom, with the appropriate punctuation where you'd expect it to be.

I'm always pleased to hear from record companies, PR companies and promoters, so do get in touch.

We're also on Twitter as @viveleroq or you can find me at @karnag

Thanks as always  to the good people at the French Music Office in London and to the Institut francais in London for their help and encouragement.

Merci et à bientôt

John K

No comments:

Post a Comment