Thursday 1 June 2017

Editorial: June 2017

OK, so I had a month off.

It's been a busy time for me away from writing about French music, and I thought this might be the best way to handle things. It seems to have worked.

I've missed spending the time writing here, and I've missed being across French music as much as I should have been, so I aim to get back to it with the kind of vigour that it deserves.

So this month marks the official return of the blog in a way. More than just a few posts at the beginning of the month or a scattered post or two, but hopefully back to full strength again.

And it's a good time to return.This month sees the festival season kick into high gear, with events in France as varied as Hellfest and We Love Green taking place, while French acts take to the stage at significant festivals here, with acts such as Justice and Phoenix playing Glastonbury later this month.

Elsewhere, Solidays and Main Square festival take place - two of France's biggests music events - along with smaller scale but equally interesting events including Papillons de Nuit and This is Not A Love Song in Nimes.

There's pretty much something on every weekend from now on over summer. We'll be across what's happening, and with more video than ever being made available, hopefully seeing more of the events than ever.

In the meantime, glad to say we are alive and kicking at viveleroq.com.

You can get a hold of me at johnkilbrideAThotmailDOTcom, with the appropriate punctuation where you'd expect it to be. I'm always pleased to hear from record companies, PR companies and promoters, so do get in touch. I'm always keen to hear new things, and relay information about acts I already know and love.

The blog is also on Twitter as @viveleroq or you can find me at @karnag

If you're around Facebook, remember to like the French Music Podcast UK page, where you can get regular updates with both fresh and vintage French music.

Merci et à bientôt
 


No comments:

Post a Comment